People always complain their computer speed being very slow and they never find out why it is so slow even in performing basic operations. Computers are being slow due to hell lot of useless process which keep on running in the background using system resources including your CPU and Memory.
One such process is wmpnetwk.exe which is for media sharing associated with Windows Media Player
What is wmpnetwk.exe?
wmpnetwk.exe is the main exe for Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. It is used to share Windows Media Player libraries. This process should be running when your on a network and want to share your media through windows media player otherwise it is useless.
Let’s see how can we stop wmpnetwk.exe from running every time automatically and prevent it from eating up system resources.
In order to stop wmpnetwk.exe you will need to disable media sharing service in windows media player.
1. Open Media Player
2. Go to Library >> Media Sharing
3. This will open up Media Sharing Dialog, uncheck the both of these checkbox’s and click apply.
If the above procedure does not solve your problem and you still see wmpnetwk.exe running, then you should disable its corresponding service
1. Open Run Prompt ( Press Window+r ) and type Services.msc and press Enter
2. Locate Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
3. Right click on it and Select Properties, now stop it if it is already running by clicking Stop button and then select the Startup Type as Disabled and press OK
4. That’s it! Done