Finally, I got my ubuntu desktop edition cds, I was much more excited to install the latest version of ubuntu linux. But after installing ubuntu on my hp tx1000 laptop I ran into many problems like with wireless, audio, graphics.
One of the major problem was for me was to find the daliy used applications like twitter clients, blogging clients for wordpress and some other applications like filezilla etc which finally gets installed through synaptic package manager.
I will start posting about what ever the ubuntu problems I faced on and off with windows tips and tricks, this one is first about how to install tweetdeck on ubuntu
Update: Some time back when I had written this tutorial adobe air for linux was not released, it was the alpha version of adobe air linux available at that time. But now you will need to run latest version of adobe air linux to run tweetdeck on your ubuntu. I have updated steps to install ubuntu accordingly in the prodecure given below.
As we all know tweetdeck is an adobe air application so you will need to first install adobe air runtime on ubuntu
Installing Adobe Air On Ubuntu
1. Download Adobe Air for Linux from the url given below
You can get the final version at http://get.adobe.com/air. It will be called AdobeAIRInstaller.bin.
Note: Then follow the instructions as above substituting the correct filename.
2. After Downloading place the file named adobeair_linux_al_033108.bin in a any newly created folder by you.
3. Right click on the file adobeair_linux_al_033108.bin and select properties, now click the permissions tab and check the box which says Allow executing file as program.
4. Copy the file adobeair_linux_al_033108.bin in home folder in ubuntu.
5. now, open terminal and type the following command
chmod +x adobeair_linux_a1_033108.bin
type this command now to run it to get installed
6. This will install adobe air on your ubuntu linux, now you can downlaod any adobe air applications including tweetdeck.
Installing TweetDeck On Ubuntu
After Installation of Adobe Air, downlaod tweetdeck from the url below, double click to install it
Download latest Version of tweetdeck from http://tweetdeck.com
Thanks Taylor for pointing out