Windows vista has lot more to offer when it comes to new features with enhanced user friendliness and other accessibility features being talked about in comparison with other previous versions of windows like windows 2000 and windows xp.Unlike previous Microsoft operating systems, Windows Vista is streamlined specifically according the needs of various types of users.
But when we talk about the resource consumption and their utilization it always need a lot of cpu and other memory to carry out even the simple operations like copying a file ,playing a video as compared to windows xp( Which according to me is the most stable and fast operating system by microsoft ever).
Today I going to share some crucial tips required to make windows vista as faster as windows Xp…
Follow the steps below to make your windows vista faster…
1. Disable the Aero Theme
Aero theme which is wonderful but a slow theme as the graphic effects consume a lot of memory which in turn makes other applications to run slower in vista.
How To disable Aero Theme:
- Right click on the desktop > Personalize
- Select one of the available theme i prefer windows vista classic but if you find it worse go for windows vista basic.
2. Increase the File Copy Speed in windows vista
One of the solutions to make file copying operations faster is to disable and remove the Remote Differential Compression feature in Vista.
How To disable Remote Differential Compression:
- Open Control Panel and in the Programs node
- In the Uninstall or Change a Program window, click on the Turn Windows Features On or Off link.
3. Disable TCP Autotuning Feature in windows vista
- Click Start and type CMD.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the command Prompt with Administrative rights.
- At the prompt in the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following command,(with out double quotes).
- “netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled”
- and then press ENTER:
4. Disable Indexing in windows Vista
Disable unnecessary indexing of files or folders
- Open Indexing Options from the Control Panel.
- Next, in the Indexing Options window, click Modify.
- Now uncheck all the checkboxes you see, and leave just the start menu.
5. Turn Windows Features on or off
Some programs and features that are included with Windows, such as Internet Information Services, must be turned on before you can use them. Certain other features are turned on by default, but you can turn them off if you don’t use them. Disable Unneeded Features :
- Open the Control Panel, click Programs,
- click Turn Windows features on or off in the Programs and Features section.
[tags] vista tips & tricks ,vista tweaks ,vista speed up ,vista hacks [/tags]