Now a days with the increasing use of portable drives various types of virus infect a large number of system very easily.
One of these common virus is "Hacked by Godzilla Virus" which normally spreads through portable drives etc.
My system got infected with this Hacked by Godzilla Virus and I repaired my system without the help of any antivirus software.
Lets first discuss the common symptoms of the Godzilla Virus.
If your system is infected by this virus you will see the this text "Hacked by Godzilla Virus" in the title at the top of the window of Internet explorer
Some other symptoms:
1. Task manager is disabled.
2. Regedit (Command for registry edit) is disabled.
3. Folder options got disappeared From windows explorer.
4. Double clicking on any of your system drive( c: ,d: etc) initiates a new instance of the virus.
So, you won’t be able to open any of your drive by double click rather you have to open then by right click >> explore.
5. msconfig command is disabled – this virus is not dependent on system startup but it disables the msconfig command used to modify the system startup programs.
Let’s see how you can remove Godzilla virus in 5 minutes.
Follow the Step by step procedure given below to remove hacked by godzilla virus.
1. First download process explorer ,run it and end all the process which are running as wscript.exe
2. Download RRT.exe (Remove restrictions tool)
You may be wondering..what is RRT?
So for your FYI: RRT (Remove Restrictions Tool) v.1.0 is a tiny tool that does the work for AVs, it re-Enables all what the virus had disabled, and brings every thing including task manager ,regedit ,msconfig and hidden folder options back.
3. now, you have regedit command enabled.
Browse to Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \Current Version \Run and delete MS32DLL (right click on it and select delete)
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Internet Explorer \Main and delete “Window Title” which has it’s value of “Hacked by Godzilla“ or you can also write your name as a recognition for yourself.
4. Open My Computer,File menu go to Tools -> Folder Options, click on View tab
Under Advance settings,
check “Show Hidden files and folders“,
uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types“,
uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”
and click “OK” button
5. now right click on each of your drive and click explore now delete the files with names autorun.inf and MS32DLL.dll.vbs including your USB Drive
6. Restart your PC and your PC should be clean from Hacked by Godzilla.
Leave your comments if you have any issues in following the above procedure.