Are you bored of seeing the vista boot screen every time it boots then this post is for you as after reading this post you will come to know how you can easily customize or change the boot screen logo with a small utility called “Vista Boot Logo Generator v1.1” with which you can convert any image into a vista boot logo.
How to do it
- Download the software from here
- Choose the image you want to convert to as the boot logo.
- You can save it according to two resolutions 800×600 at 24 bit color, and the other 1024×768 at the same color depth.
- Now you need to take the ownership of the windows file
- Press “windows+r“and type cmd.
- now press “ctrl+shift+enter“.
- type the following commands..
- “takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\en-US\winload.exe.mui“
- “cacls C:\Windows\System32\en-US\winload.exe.mui /G username:F“
- copy the file to the directory path C:\windows\system32\en-US\ directory make sure you replace the file.
If you have any problem in implementing the above procedure leave a comment here…