Finally the famous jailbreak tool is available for direct download PwnageTool 3.1 has been released for Mac OS, so you can jailbreak your iphone 3g running 3.1 firmware. PwnageTool 3.1 will be soon released for Windows users and right now it is meant to jailbreak iphone 2G and 3G only, it will not work for iPhone 3GS now.
Here is working procedure to jailbreak iphone 3G with 3.1 Firmware, if you have accidently upgraded to 3.1 you can fast downgrade 3.1 to 3.0
You will first need to download following set of softwares to carry out the successful jailbreak on your iphone 3g running on 3.1 OS
Download All These Softwares [ Mentioned Below ]
2. Download iPhone 3G 3.1 Firmware From Apple [ iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw ]
Now, lets start the jailbreak process for iphone 3g with 3.1 OS
1. Download all the above tools and make a folder on Mac OS desktop named TechnixUpdate and put the Firmware 3.1 and Pwnage tool in TechnixUpdate folder.
2. Mount and Run PwnageTool 3.1 in TechnixUpdate Folder and click the warning message ‘PwnageTool is a free tool’
3. Select the Expert Mode in the top of the PwnageTool 3.1 interface
4. Select Device from the list in between iPod Touch , iPhone 2G or iPhone 3G etc [ a green arrow on the device image will indicate that the device is detected as connected by the software]
5. You will be brought to the "Browse for IPSW" Windows, locate the IPSW which you had downloaded before. If PwnageTool may automatically find the ipsw file sometimes.
6. Now PwnageTool 3.1 may take 10-15 minutes make Custom iPhone 3G 3.1 IPSW file creation which will be later installed on your phone
7. It will display a prompt “has your iPhone 3G been pwned before?” If you are unsure, click no.
8. Now turn off your iphone and put in DFU mode
- Hold the Home button for 5 seconds,
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds,
- Then release the Power button while continuing holding the Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode
9. After your iphone entered DFU mode, [ you can confirm it from the display screen of your iphone ].
10. Launch iTunes, Alt/Option on your mac keyboard key and click Restore button.
11. Locate the custom IPSW that was created and click the Open button created inside the TechnixUpdate folder you had created, iTunes will now restore the firmware on your iPhone it may take some time.
[ Via ihackintosh ]