Windows default sound recorder is not good sometimes, as it does not allow you save the recorded file in any format other than wma. We just found a good alternative windows sound recorder replacement. This free to use application for personal use is called Free Audio Recorder which provides an easy to use but powerful interface for sound recorder.
One great option of this sound recording software is that it supports multiple input devices, audio and video playback, CD Player, Line in, Microphone, Internet Radio or even the obsolete tape/VHS cassette or anything else. You can save your recorded sound as WAV, MP3, WMA and OGG files.
- It is an absolutely FREE audio & sound recorder, no virus, no spyware, no advertisement, no nag screen.
- Supports multiple sound input, audio/video files playback, CD player, line in, microphone, internet radio, even the obsolete tape/VHS cassette or anything else.
- Record various sound input to WAV, MP3, WMA and OGG.
- CD quality audio recording.
- Extremely resource friendly, CPU usage is below 1% on some new computers.
- It uses latest Lame MP3 encoder which is generally believed as the the best MP3 encoder in the world.
- On-the-fly recording, no temporary file generated.
- Intuitive output file management.
- Diagnose and print detailed sound device info.
- Supports majority of modern sound cards: multi channel/professional/external USB sound cards.
- Supports several sound cards at the same system.
- All events are logged for future diagnosis.
- Windows Vista compatible and works with Windows 7.