Windows Live Writer is a famous tool among bloggers, which allows user to write posts while offline and publish them to blog platform like WordPress, Blogger once they are online. Apart from this it have many features that can make life of a Blogger very easy. Adding watermark to image is very important to get proper credit for your work. There are many copyright violators out there which use images without giving them proper credit.
Not everyone is comfortable using Photoshop or other image editing tools but to adding watermark in Live Writer is pretty easy and time saving.
Step 1: Open Windows Live Writer.
Step 2: Click on Insert tab.
Step 3: Click on Picture under Insert tab and select either From your computer or From the web.
Step 4: Browse through your pc to select the image you want to watermark and open it.
Step 5: Once the image is inserted, when you click on it you will see a tab named Format on the top. Click on it and under it you will see Watermark.
Step 6: When you click on Watermark you will see 4 simple Options. Under watermark text write the text you want to see on your image, select the font format and size you want and lastly where you want to place it.
Step 7: You also have an option under Format tab called Set to default which saves your picture settings i.e. Size, Watermark, Alignment, Margin etc. Hence next time you insert any image it will automatically assign default picture properties to that image. So, you won’t have to put watermark every time you insert any image it will be added automatically.
With these simple steps you can add watermark to any your image before publishing it to your website/blog and make it safe from people who copy without giving proper credits. In case you don’t have Windows Live Writer on your pc download from here.
System requirements for it are:
- Operating system: 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7, or Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 and the Platform Update for Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 and the Platform Update for Windows Server 2008.
- Processor: 1.6 GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM or higher
- Resolution: 1024 × 576 minimum
- Internet connection: Online services require dial-up or high-speed Internet access. High-speed Internet access is recommended for some features.
- Graphics card: Windows Live Movie Maker requires a graphics card that supports DirectX 9 or higher and Shader Model 2 or higher.