Yes, you can use you can use the good camera of your android phone as webcam while having a video chat with your client or friend. Most the laptops coming these days have a 1.3 megapixel webcam or some may not have the webcam at all.
In such a case, if you have an android phone with camera that would be mostly better than the 1.3 megapixel webcam installed in your laptop. Today we will tell you how to use your android based smartphone camera as webcam with your windows computer.
Follow The Procedure Below To Convert Android Phone Camera Into Webcam For Your Computer
1. Download and install the latest Android SDK from here. This comes up with all the tools needed for development and testing of your application. Make sure the driver ‘ADB interface’ is installed on your machine. In most of the cases, the driver will be installed directly once you plug-in the device.
2. Connect your Android device to your PC on debug mode. Enable USB debugging on your phone. Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
3. On your phone, install the application “USB Webcam” from the Android market. This application is in its initial stages and might be buggy. The size of the application is around 50 KB.
4. On your PC, download and install the PC host application from http://www.placaware.com/. After installing, start the application from Start menu > “USB Webcam” you will see a command prompt window.
5. You are all set here. Any application which uses the camera will take the video feeds from the “USB Webcam”. We tested this application with skype, which detected the camera and took the video feeds directly from phone camera.
[ Via Varun Scratchpad ]