Android 2.2 has been released as an update for nexus one, it has came out with some amazing new features. I recently updated my nexus one to the new firmware 2.2 the code name is Froyo. Today we will tell you how to update the nexus one software version.
The normal process of updating nexus one software is to don’t do anything and wait for the OTA update which comes in form of a push message which appears with time on all the nexus one asking the user to update their softwares.
Or you can also check for the firmware update by pressing the soft menu key and then go to settings >> about phone
Tap System updates now to check for new update manually
It will now tell you whether there is an update to download or your nexus one is up to date.
If for any reason you not able to update your phone via above method, then you can follow the manual method given below to update your nexus one with new firmware like Android 2.2 Froyo
Manual Method To Update Nexus One Firmware
- Download the Android 2.2 (Froyo) firmware for the Google Nexus One from here
- Rename the file downloaded above to "update.zip" and then save it on your microSD card
- Turn off your Nexus One, then hold the volume down button while you power the phone back on
- On the following screen, scroll down to recovery and press the power button at the top
- When you see the triangle with an exclamation point appear, press and hold the power and volume up buttons simultaneously
- From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip”
- When the installation is complete, select “reboot system now”
[ Thanks to KnowYourCell for the manual method ]