It is really frustrating for many iPod Touch users when they are required to pay some dollars for the firmware upgrade and they see iphone users getting the same upgrade for free, today we will tell you the trick to upgrade your ipod touch with the latest firmware for free, direct download iTunes 9 and install it.
Firstly you will need to check whether your ipod touch belongs to 1st Generation or 2nd Generation by the information provided here and follow the procedure below.
1. As per your iPod touch download on the following firmware
- Pod Touch 1 G – iPod1,1_3.1.1_7C145_Restore.ipsw – [238.19 MB]
- iPod Touch 2 G – iPod2,1_3.1.1_7C145_Restore.ipsw – [264.89 MB]
2. Install iTunes 9 on your computer – Link Given Above
3. Start iTunes 9 and connect your ipod touch and you will prompted for the upgrade, click the button which says Remind Me Later
4. Click the Summary Screen of your ipod touch in iTunes, press Shift+Left Mouse Click on the restore button
5. Locate the ipsw you had downloaded in step 1
6. That’s it done, now wait a relax till iTunes installs the latest firmware on your ipod touch 3.1 firmware for free
[ Thanks megaleecher.net ]