You can use an old flash drive as a laptop alarm to prevent your laptop from being stolen. Here is how.
1. Install free software on your laptop. www.lalarm.com/LaptopAlarm. (free for personal use)
2. Fasten a neck strap to your old flash drive.
3. Fasten the other end of the strap to a table.
4. Plug in the flash drive into a USB port of a laptop.
5. Lock the laptop by pressing the Windows logo key and L key together.
[photo credit : Lalarm.com]
When a thief removes the laptop from the table, the laptop will be disconnected from the flash drive and then a loud siren sound will be emitted.
(See photos: www.lalarm.com/arm2) In addition to sounding an alarm, the software sends an alert to your mobile phone. In case of laptop theft, the free software destroys the data on the laptop to prevent identity theft.
This is a guest article contributed by James Lee from LAlarm.com