Nokia n8 seems to be best phone among all its predecessors, I would say nokia n8 is a major improvement for all those nokia phones users who are thinking of a upgrading their devices. We have recently got n8 for review from Nokia people. From today onwards we will start exploring the device and its features, as per initial expressions it looks like a nice phone with great camera.
As some of us know nokia n8 has an accelerometer sensor which makes it to change the screen orientation when you hold the device in landscape orientation in your hands, but there are times when you may not want the screen to rotate, in my case when you are reading some feeds on n8 in bed.
Nokia n8 allows you to turn off the screen rotation feature easily under sensor settings found under phone settings, follow the step by step procedure to know how to disable it.
1. Go to settings on nokia n8 as shown in the image below.
2. Under settings, Tab Phone settings
3. Tap Sensor settings as shown in the image below
4. Under sensor settings – there can be 2 ways to disable the automatic rotation of layout and icons on n8 screen either you disable the sensors as shown in the image below.
5. Or another way to disable Nokia n8 screen rotation it to tap turning control and then tap to uncheck the option which says auto rotate display as shown in the image below.
You can enable the auto screen rotation under this section of settings when ever you want to, by following above step by step procedure.