It’s been a long time now, we have not contributed any tips or tricks on firefox, After the release Firefox 3 many people have started using firefox.
Today, we have come up with the first part of the continued post on tweaking firefox and making it more faster for browsing and use less memory and CPU usage.
In this part we are going to tell you about how can you tweak your firefox to make it more faster in browsing sites.
Lets see how can tweak firefox to turn it into more faster firefox
Here are some tips which will help you increase the browsing speed in firefox.
1. Open FireFox and Type "about:config" ( without quotes )
Note: You will a warning message with a button in the latest version of firefox ( as shown in the image below )
2. Search for the following entries
3. Double Click the entries to Set network.http.pipelining to true, network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to 30 and network.http.proxy.pipelining to true
4. Right click anywhere and select New >>Integer and name it
nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set the value to 0
This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.
5. Exit the Firefox and restart firefox, so that the new settings come into effect.
This trick would be more beneficial for broadband internet users, if you are using firefox later in between 1.5 -2.0 you can also use the famous extension FasterFox to completely speed up firefox in many ways
FasterFox – Provides the following features
- Performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
- Rendering settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS cache, and initial paint delay.
- Dynamic speed increases
Install FasterFox for later versions of firefox from here
We hope you like firefox tweak Part 1, stay tuned to for firefox tweak part 2 on how can you set firefox to consume less memory and CPU usage.