Google has recently released its own DNS Servers for better, enhanced, protected and faster browsing, you will see a considerable difference in browsing speed after you start to using google DNS severs in the DNS server settings in windows.
For all those who don’t know what do we mean by DNS Server? Here is quick info given below.
A DNS server is basically a lookup server which converts domain names into machine understandable IP address, now how faster it works more quicker the webpage for a website will get loaded on your internet browser.
Some Other Reasons – Why use Google Public DNS Servers?
- Speed up your browsing experience.
- Improve your security.
- Get the results you expect with absolutely no redirection
How To Set Google Public DNS Servers In Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
You will need to change the DNS servers under TCP/IP network settings, to change DNS Servers navigate to following path
My Computer > My network places > Network connections.
Control Panel\Network and Internet Sharing Center \Network Connections
For Windows 7
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
Follow the procedure below
1. Now select the network connection and right click on it and select properties.
2. Select IPv4 and click properties button on the new window dialog
3. Now add the Google DNS Severs under the alternate DNS servers [ as shown in the image below ]
As shown in the screenshot, If you want to use Google DNS change it to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
4. Click Ok 2 times. That’s it, you have successfully configured google DNS servers.