Google has just rolled out a new feature currently available to US users, they have added a new link on the google search home page. This link is shown on the bottom left and it allows to set background image on the google search main page.
So, most the users browsing google from US or using a US based server proxy can see the new link to change the background image on the home page.
Follow the procedure below to add image to google homepage
How To Add a Background Image On Google Homepage
- Sign in to your Google Account in the top right corner of the Google homepage.
- Click Change background image in the bottom left corner of the Google homepage.
- Choose where to select your background image:
- From my computer: Select an image saved on your computer.
- My Picasa Web photos: Select an image from your Picasa Web Albums.
- Public gallery: Select from public photos featured in Picasa Web Albums.
- Editor’s picks: Select from a set of Google recommended images.
- Once you’ve chosen your image, click Select at the bottom of the window. It may take a moment before your new Google homepage background appears.
If you are based out of US or just want to see this feature in action, but when you try to visit google.com you are automatically redirected to your own google country domain then you can follow this tutorial to visit google.com even if you are not in US
[ Source – Official Google Blog ]