I have been getting some problems in windows vista these days by some users who are unable to open a file or folder in windows vista.
As whenever they want to open a file they get a error message prompt saying… “Access Denied”
Why this type of Problem Occur ?
This type of problem generally occur when a particular user rights in the NTFS partition are altered by some one or some program.
How To Open Files and Folders which are Access Denied:
Follow the step by step procedure given below….
If you are getting Access Denied errors when trying to open folders like Documents and Settings, Application Data, Local settings:
- Right click on the Folder
- Select Properties
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Advanced button
- Click on the Owner tab
- Click on the Edit button
- In the Change owner to box, highlight your account
- Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
- Click on Apply
- Click on Yes to replace all permissions
- Continue to click on OK until you
This general step by step procedure is applied to all the files and folders which are access denied on a NTFS partition
Technorati Tags: ntfs access denied , vista tips & tricks