Finally after so much wait iphone dev team has finally released the pwnage tool for Mac OS which allows you to jailbreak your iphone 3gs and ipod touch 2g with 3.1firmware. Previously we posted when posted direct links to download PwnageTool 3.1 to jailbreak iphone 3G, 2G and ipod touch 1G with firmware 3.1, here are the Working Procedure To Jailbreak iPhone 3G With 3.1, Working Procedure To Unlock iPhone 3G Running 3.1 OS and even if you want to downgrade firmware version on iphone 3GS here is a Working – Procedure To Downgrade iPhone 3GS 3.1 Firmware To 3.0
Today we will share the direct download links to PwnageTool 3.1.3, but first read some golden rules issued by iphone dev team regarding this tool
1. GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G(S) with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service then you should only update your device with an .ipsw that is made with the new PwnageTool. There are no second chances with this. You need to remember that PwnageTool will provide an upgrade path to newer versions of the iPhone software in the future.
2. PwnageTool will work for the iPhone 3GS assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
3. Pwnage Tool will work for the iPod touch 2G assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
4. PwnageTool will work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G(S) and the iPod touch (1st Generation and 2nd Generation) but NOT the iPod touch 3rd generation.
5. For 3G and 3G(S) users who are Pwned, Pwnage Tool is your key to updating in the future, just remember to never install an update directly from Apple, always use an .ipsw that has been created with PwnageTool.
6. There is no Windows version of PwnageTool it is for Mac OS only
Here is the official bit torrent release for PwnageTool 3.1.3
Here are some direct download links to the PwnageTool 3.1.3
Note: Always check the published SHA1 sums if you download PwnageTool 3.1.3 from direct download links. We would prefer that you downloaded the official bittorrent release that is linked above, but you are welcome to try these direct download links if you want to.
SHA1 Sum For PwnageTool__3.1.3.dmg = 4141b7ecd3928c3a0c954bb06c86225a56b2f3e7 –
Here is how you can check SHA1 Sum on Mac OS X
Open Mac Terminal, Change the directory to the file location and Issue the following command.
openssl sha1 filename
The openssl can also check the following digests: md2, md5, mdc2, rmd160 and sha. This is useful when you download some files not from the original sites and you want to check the integrity of the files.