You may have .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, or .vtx extension files on your computer but you may not have Visio installed with Microsoft office or you may not know with which program you can open these Visio drawing files.
Microsoft Visio 2010 Viewer allows anyone to view Visio drawings and diagrams (created with Visio 5.0 through Visio 2010) inside their Microsoft Internet Explorer (versions 5 through 8) Web browser.
Viewing Visio drawings is as simple as double-clicking the drawing (files with a .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, or .vtx extension) in Windows Explorer. Internet Explorer will open, and Visio Viewer will render the drawing in the browser window. You can then pan and zoom in the drawing window by using toolbar buttons, keyboard shortcuts, or menu items in the shortcut menu
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows Vista Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3.
How To Install and Use Visio Viewer
- Download the file by clicking the Download button and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the VisioViewer.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Instructions for use:
- From Windows Explorer, double-click a Visio drawing ( .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, or .vtx extension). An Internet Explorer window opens and loads Visio Viewer, which then loads and renders the drawing in the browser window.
- On the Internet Explorer File menu, click Open. In the Open dialog box, select a Visio drawing ( .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, or .vtx extension). Internet Explorer loads Visio Viewer, which then renders the drawing in the browser window.
- If an Internet Explorer window is already open, you can drag and drop a Visio drawing file ( .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, or .vtx extension) into the window. Internet Explorer loads Visio Viewer, which then renders the drawing in the browser window.