Gmail new iPad interface has been recently made available for iPad users, which seems to be pretty neat. However if you want to access and use the gmail iPad interface, you can follow the simple hack below which would need Firefox and a firefox addon called User Agent Switcher
1. First Install User Agent Switcher in Firefox, you will need to restart firefox to make the extension active.
2. After Firefox restart go to File Menu >> Tools and go default user agent >> edit user agent.
3. Create a new user agent
4. Enter the following user agent settings and click ok to save the settings
Copy the following text in user agent box
Mozilla/5.0(iPad; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B314 Safari/531.21.10
5. Now change the default user agent, iPad you had just created in previous step , go to tools >> Default User Agent – Select iPad
6. Open gmail.com now in your browser, you will see the iPad login screen and iPad Gmail Interface in your browser : )
[ Source – TheNextWeb ]