Hotmail team has recently made some new changes in hotmail and introduced some new features including some new keyboard full shortcuts to do almost everything in hotmail with keyboard without using mouse. One of major new feature is that you’ll see a new menu that allows you to Reply, Reply all, or Forward the message. This expands on other right-click actions that Hotmail already supported like Mark as unread, Delete, Junk, Move, and View message source. So now, just like in Outlook, it’s even quicker to take care some of your most common tasks using that second button on your mouse.
Hotmail also supports many of the keyboard shortcuts that you’re used to in Outlook, such as Ctrl+N for a new message, and Ctrl+Enter to send a message. And if you’re one of the millions of people who’ve recently switched from Yahoo! Mail or Gmail to Hotmail, we’ve also made popular shortcuts from those email services work in Hotmail. So # (from Gmail) can be used to delete a message and N (from Yahoo! Mail) will create a new message. To switch your inbox from using standard Hotmail shortcuts to Gmail or Yahoo! shortcuts, go to the keyboard shortcuts options page from your inbox.
The Hotmail team has also fixed some common issues in hotmail including how the Back button works, and how attachments get saved with your email drafts. If you happen to accidentally delete a message, it is now possible to recover some lost messages through a new link in the Deleted folder.
Some new hotmail features overview has been given in the video embedded below.
In case you have switched from Gmail or Yahoo Mail to Hotmail can now use keyboard shortcuts you are already familiar with, you can map the popular ones through the list mentioned below.
Outlook or Hotmail Shortcuts
Gmail, Yahoo Mail Shortcuts
- Delete a message – # – Delete
- Create a new message – C – N
- Send a message – None – Alt+S
- Open a message – O – None
- Print a message – None – P
- Reply to a message – R – R
- Reply all to a message – A – A
- Forward a message – F – F
- Save a draft message – Ctrl+S – Ctrl+S
- Mark a message as junk – ! – None
- Mark a message as read – Shift+I – K
- Mark a message as unread – Shift+U – Shift+K
- Move to a folder – None – D
- Open the next message – J – Ctrl+.
- Open the previous message – K – Ctrl+,
- Close a message – U – Esc
- Search your email messages – / – S
- Select all – * then A
- Deselect all – * then N
- Go to the inbox – G then I – M
- Go to your Drafts folder – G then D
- Go to your Sent folder – G then T