.NET Framework is Microsoft’s comprehensive and consistent programming model for building applications that have visually stunning user experiences, seamless and secure communication, and the ability to model a range of business processes. .NET Framework 4 works side by side with older Framework versions.
Note: After installing .net framework 4.0 applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on the version targeted by default.
Related – All Full .NET Frameworks Redistributable Package Below 4.0 [ Standalone Installer ]
Improvements In .Net Framework 4.0
- Improvements in Common Language Runtime (CLR) and Base Class Library (BCL)
- Innovations in the Visual Basic and C# languages, for example statement lambdas, implicit line continuations, dynamic dispatch, and named/optional parameters.
- Improvements in Data Access and Modelling
- Enhancements to ASP.NET
- Improvements in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Improvements to Windows Workflow (WF) that enable developers to better host and interact with workflows.
.NET Framework 4 redistributable Package Direct Link Below
.NET Framework 4 Support Info
- It is supported on – Windows 7; Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2; Windows Vista Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Vista SP1 or later
- Supported Architectures:
- ia64 (some features are not supported on ia64 for example, WPF)
- Hardware Requirements:
- Recommended Minimum: Pentium 1 GHz or higher with 512 MB RAM or more
- Minimum disk space:
- x86 – 850 MB
- x64 – 2 GB