Well, without any ambiguity, 3G mobile technology has caused a rippling effect throughout the world. It has made life a lot more fun and exciting for the people who earlier have got stuck in the daily, monotonous life of leaving home early for work and then getting back late in the night leaving all sort of entertainment and recreational activities at the verge of of extinction. It has clearly helped people to be less frustrated and enjoy their favorite programs on Television on the go – be it news, movies, sports, and anything you can think of.
Right now, we are putting the limelight on all the sports maniacs out there in U.S and who are owning the Apple’s iPhone or the iPod Touch because they can now enjoy a mobile application known as ‘WatchESPN’ which will enable them to watch sports live on the go on their smartphones. Kindly note that, for the time being, the app has only been released for iPhone and iPod touch but there is an iPad optimized version in the making that is expected to be available by May,2011.
The WatchESPN app features:
1. Live streaming access to the top events from the ESPN family of networks, including:
- NBA Regular Season and Playoffs
- Major League Baseball
- The Masters, US Open and The Open Championships
- College Football and Basketball
- Barclay’s Premier League, Spanish Primera Division and Euro 2012 Soccer
- All 4 Grand Slam tennis events
- and many more
2. Up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis with live streaming access to your favorite ESPN shows, including:
- Mike & Mike
- Baseball Tonight
- and every other ESPN original show
3. Easy-to-use search functionality for locating your favorite teams, shows and events.
However, there is one sad news for which you need to hold your heart tight – Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below are currently offering access to live video:
- Bright House Networks, Time Warner Cable & Verizon FiOS TV – ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU are available to fans who receive ESPN as part of their TV package
- Verizon High Speed Internet – If you do NOT receive TV service from an above provider, but receive high-speed internet from Verizon, you will have access to ESPN3
WatchESPN App Requirements:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
There is also the news from the folks at ESPN that the release of more versions of the said app on other smartphones and tablets is promised and are likely to be out pretty soon.