Apple has finally announced ipad 2 amazingly on the same price with a hell new hardware and software improvements, this time it has become 33% thinner with front and rear camera. Gyroscope. Thinner than iPhone 4. Comes in 2 colors. White available on day #1.
- iPad 2 has dual core A5 processor compared to A4 single core processor in iPad 1
- iPad 2 has twice as fast CPU as iPad 1 has.
- iPad has 9 times faster graphics performance as compared to iPad 1
- Same power consumption as iPad 1 which is good as it saves battery
- There are two video cameras, front and rear
- Video Conferencing and facetime is possible with iPad 2 between iPad 2 and iPad 2, iPhone or MacOS
- Thickness is reduced by 33%, from 13.4 mm in iPad 1 to just 8.8 mm in iPad 2 which makes it very sleek
- iPad 2 weights only 1.3 pound compared to 1.5 pound for iPad 1
- Comes in both Black and White colour opposed to only black in iPad 1
- Works with both Verizon and AT&T
- 10 Hours battery life – same as iPad 1 without any compromise
- Added new gyroscopes for motion sensing in iPad 2 which was not there in iPad 1
- iPad 2 comes with HDMI output which was not there in iPad 1
- iPad 2 HDMI output is mirrored in full HD resolution which was not there in iPad 1
- iPad 2 can remain in charging while connected to HDMI output
- iPad 2 HDMI output supports screen rotation and all apps
- iPad 2 HDMI output connector is sold separately for $39
- iPad 2 has optional Covers which are magnetic and cover the screen. They stick to the iPad 2 using magnets
- iPad 2 cover can be used as stand and back cover to hold it in convenient position
- iPad 2 covers don’t add much weight and keep the screen clean, it also auto locks the display when the cover is on.
Apple iPad 2 VS Apple iPad 1 – Hardware and Software Enhancements
Read more new features here in our detailed blog post.