Facebook has finally rolled out new feature of video chat which was awaited from a long time, this means that now you can do video chat with any of your facebook friend any time using the video chat feature directly in the facebook web interface.
Facebook Video calling allows you to talk to your friends face to face. All you need to do is complete a quick, one-time setup, and you’re ready to call any friend on Facebook. If your friend isn’t available, you can always leave a video message.
How it works: If you and your friend both have webcams and microphones set up, you will be able to see and hear each other in real time. If you call friends who don’t have webcams, they’ll be able to see and hear you but you’ll only be able to hear them.
Call records: The time and date of each call you make is listed in your ongoing message history with each friend. The calls themselves are not recorded or saved.
Multi-tasking: You can continue using chat and other Facebook features during your video call.
But before you do a video chat with any of your facebook friend you need to enable this feature on your facebook profile manually, follow the instructions below to do the same.
Activate Video Call On Facebook Profile
1. Login to facebook.com, and go to this page for enabling video call feature, now click the button get started to activate video calling as shown in the image below.
2. Now, once you click this button it will ask you to do a video call with a friend, but it might happen with you that none of your facebook friend is online for video chat as shown in the image below.
In such case you can directly install the facebook video chat plugin from this link and then install it on your computer as shown in the image below.
After the plugin gets installed, it should prompt you to do a video call with any of your facebook friend once you do a video chat with any of your friend the video calling feature will be enabled on your facebook profile and those you should see video call button on your friends facebook profile as shown in the image below.
Things You Should Know Before Doing Video Call On Facebook
Please Note: Before you can call your friends, you need to complete a quick, one-time setup:
- You will be asked to complete the setup the first time you try to call a friend, or the first time a friend tries to call you. To call a friend, click the video icon at the top of your chat window.
- Simply click the “Set Up” button and follow the instructions for how to set up video calling on your browser.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the setup, the call you’ve started with your friend should connect automatically. If it doesn’t, you can call again by clicking the video icon at the top of your chat window.
Please Note: Video calling works best with the latest versions of the following browsers:
Note that video calling for Linux is not currently supported. You will need to use one of these browsers in a Mac or Windows operating system. If you’re having trouble with video calling, try upgrading or switching your browser using the links above.
After you complete the quick, one-time setup, you’re ready to make your first call:
- Visit your friend’s profile and click the “Call” button in the top right corner. If you and your friend are already chatting, you can also click the video icon at the top of your chat window.
- When your friend answers, you may have to wait a moment for your call to connect before the video call begins. If your friend hasn’t set up video calling yet, you’ll be asked to wait until the setup is complete.
- If your friend is unavailable, you can leave a video message. The time and date of your missed call will be listed in your ongoing message history with your friend.
If you face some trouble, make sure your webcam and microphone are both up and running, then try again.
To See How Facebook Video Calling Works In Action See The Video Below