Microsoft has recently released official windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool which helps you create a windows 7 USB bootable disk or burn a windows 7 DVD with the windows 7 ISO image you have purchased and downloaded from Microsoft Store. Previously we have already written about to install and setup windows 7 using a USB flash drive and another tutorial on how to create windows 7 USB bootable.
Note: You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool on. The tool requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher to be preinstalled on your computer.
Following are the requirements to install and run windows 7 USB/DVD [ WUDT ]
1. Windows XP With SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
2. Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster
3. 50MB of free space on your hard disk
4. DVD-RW Drive or 4GB USB flash drive
Here is the step by step procedure to use this tool with screenshots.
1. Install and run WUDT, at the first step you will need to browse the windows 7 ISO Image.
2. Choose Media Type – USB Drive or DVD – Lets assume that you choose USB
3. Connect the USB Drive
4. Windows 7 bootable drive created
Once the wizard it completed you can eject the drive and install windows 7 with this USB drive on any computer with a legal purchased license key required to install. I hope you like this small but useful tutorial for many users who wants to install windows 7 from USB, please share your comments at the end of this post.