Every time when I upgrade my iPhone to the latest firmware I often lost my some of my contacts due to wrong sync or some other error. So I decided to search for a online iphone contacts backup solution then I came to know about iDrive which comes with a free and paid version which simply allows you to backup or store iphone contacts which you can restore with the help of this app.
But for all the new contacts you keep on adding, you will need to run the contacts backup upload manually at times, so that you have the latest backup stored with the recent new contacts you have added.
After searching some I found another free solution which was more easy to implement, and with this way I could store my iPhone contacts on my google Gmail account as contacts, and this way when ever I add a new contact it gets automatically stored on google server without any extra effort.
Follow the guide below on how to save all iphone contacts backed up in gmail
Google Sync on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch allows you to store all iphone contacts in gmail all the time. Google Sync is only supported on Apple iOS versions 3.0 and above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version.
1. Open the Settings application on your device’s home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. iOS 4.0+ allows multiple Exchange accounts.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
Once this is done you can see all contacts stored in gmail account.