We all know iPad or iPhone running ios or earlier does not support flash in browser or in any application designed for these apple devices. If you are wondering why apple devices does not support flash then apple reply to this question is that adobe flash is unsafe to run on mobile devices, and also its resource hungry so it degrades battery life to great extent, moreover flash was designed for PC using mice, so not fit for touch screens using fingers for devices like ipad, iphone etc.
Even if iPhones, iPods and iPads ran Flash, it would not solve the problem as most Flash websites need to be rewritten to support touch-based devices. So as the final outcome is that, apple devices as if now does not support flash in anyway, But wait now if you are missing to play your latest flash games which you are used to play on your PC which support flash, you can now play these games on your ipad and iphone as well using the trick procedure we defined below.
Now this approach worked on the basic idea that all the apple devices running ios including apple iphone, ipod touch, ipad and ipad 2 support html5, so I was trying to find some online converter that could convert my favorite flash games to html5 and then I can play them on my apple devices which support html5.
After some search I found the free online google labs tool called Swiffy which converts Flash SWF files to HTML5, allowing you to reuse, run Flash content on devices without a Flash player on devices such as iPhones and iPads. I followed the following procedure as shown in the image below.
1. Firstly go to http://swiffy.googlelabs.com
2. Make sure you have the flash SWF file on your computer which you will need to upload to this online tool, by clicking the choose file button.
3. It will take some time, convert and show you the page link which contains the converted html5 version of the animation or game you upload which you can open on your ipad as shown in the image below.
Please Note: If your flash game or animation has some action script or unsupported audio codec then it may or may not be able to convert and produce the same in html5 version of it.
4. As you can see in the image below, you can either copy the link to html5 webpage or directly download as Save link as, by right clicking on the name of the html page or scan the QR code of page to open the url directly on your apple device like ipad, iphone or ipod touch etc.
Please note: The URL of html5 converted file will expire after 15 minutes.
5. Now you can copy the url or the webpage and send it via email to yourself and then open it on your iphone or ipad
6. As you know the page will expire after 15 minutes, So in order to download the html5 version on the flash game or animation, you can open the page in your pc browser and then save the entire web page with your browser on your desktop, as single html webpage file only as shown in the image below.
7. Now you can easily download the free app from app store called USB Disk for ipad or iphone which allows you to transfer files from your computer to ipad or iphone via itunes, you can drag and drop files in iTunes to transfer them to your iPad, then view them anywhere.
8. Once you install this app, transfer the converted html5 animation or flash games html files and then open them in safari browser to view them and you will be able to see the converted html5 version as shown in the image below.
You can check out some example conversions of html flash games and animations to html5 by opening this page on your ipad.