All the bloggers out there would often like to view blog posts on their smartphones on the go. However, it can be difficult at times because of the small screen size of the phones as compared to traditional desktop computers or laptops. So in order to resolve this issue, Blogger introduced new mobile templates for reading the same on the go, few months back. Initially available as opt-in functionality on Blogger in Draft, mobile templates will re-format your blogs for smartphones to enhance your readers’ viewing experience. You can make your blog smartphone-friendly by going to the Dashboard > Settings > Email & Mobile tab and enabling the mobile template option.
Furthering the same, on june 9, Google team was excited to announce that not only will these templates be available to everyone, they’ll be supporting all 27 Template Designer templates.
Blogger mobile templates are mobile-optimized versions of our Template Designer templates. If you are using one of these templates, when you enable the mobile template option your blog will begin rendering using the mobile version of the same variant. Even if you are not using a Template Designer template, or using a heavily-customized version of one, you can still enable this feature to have your blog start rendering in a generic default mobile template that we have created.
Blogger Mobile Templates Features :
- Preview: Get a glimpse of how your blog will be displayed by clicking on the Mobile Preview button. You can also see it on your smartphone by scanning the QR-code.
- Automatic redirection: Viewers will see the mobile version of your blog when accessing from smartphones(note – WebKit-based mobile browsers are supported for this launch).
- Template support: We are now supporting all 27 templates. Some gadgets are also supported(Supported gadgets/elements in this launch: Header, Blog, Profile, AdSense, Attribution.)
- Mobile ads: Mobile AdSense ads will be displayed at the top of the post pages and at the bottom of the index page if the blog has an AdSense gadget or in-line blog ads.
- Comments and videos: Viewers on smartphone devices will be able to make comments and watch videos.
One is sure to enjoy these mobile templates. Stay tuned for future improvements on the same.