To get back administrator rights on windows vista turn off UAC and do the following.
Here’s the simple solution:
Do you know that “Administrator” account you see when you login to safe mode?
It is the built-in administrator account that’s installed by default, and disabled by default too,but with a little other tweak you will be enjoying an XP-like administrator experience in windows vista, while UAC is left ON (or off, it doesn’t matter), but with no prompts or right clicks.
How to ?
- Click Start, and type “secpol.msc” in the search area and click Enter.
- You may receive a prompt from UAC, approve/login and proceed.
- In the left list, choose “Local Policies”, then “Security Options”
- Set “Accounts: Administrator account status” to Enabled.
- Set “User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account” to Disabled.
- Now log-off, and you’ll see a new account named “Administrator” will be available, click on it to login.
If you have any problems in implementing or activating the default administrator account in windows vista leave a comment here…
Technorati Tags: windows vista , vista hacks , vista tricks