You might be aware about sitemap if you are webmaster, It’s a way to tell Google, Bing and other search engines about web pages, images and video content on your site that they may otherwise not discover. But when ever you embed a video on your website from youtube using the embed code that’s should also get in index of google so that just in case if a person who is searching for some video or related content can get the result of your website page as you might have some content useful for the reader.
Today we will tell you how to create video sitemap of your wordpress blog and then how to submit it to google webmasters, follow the procedure below.
1. Login to your wordpress blog and then go to add new plugin from left wordpress menu as shown in the image below.
2. Now search for the video sitemap plugin named Google XML Sitemap for Videos created by Amit Aggarwal as shown in the image below. You will need to click install now, in my case it was already installed on my blog.
3. Now go to the settings page of this plugin, once it is installed and activated, you will find the link to video sitemap under tools.
4. Now click Generate Video Sitemap button to generate video sitemap for your website.
5. Once you have created your Sitemap, you can see it on the url www.yoursite.com/sitemap-video.xml as for example in our case its http://www.technixupdate.com/sitemap-video.xml