In order to reduce piracy apple has made the transfer of music and videos files from ipod >> pc and pc >> ipod through iTunes only
But sometimes using itunes seems very difficult as we got feed up of the interface and slow speed, so today i am going to shsre a new trick as a step by step procedure to copy songs and videos from your ipod to your computer without using iTunes.
Step By Step Procedure:
- Insert or connect your ipod to the firewire or usb port.
- If your pc doesn’t have the itunes installed skip this step.
- Open the your ipod as a portable drive.
- Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View, and then enable the option “Show hidden files and folders.”
- Now you will see a new folder “ipod control” in the root directory of ipod open it then open music folder .
- This Music folder contains the iPod’s music and videos, divided into folders.
- Now Copy the library to local computer hard drive’s My Music folder
- add the files to the media player and rename the files if you like.
- that’s it , You are done.
If you have any problem in implementing the above procedure , leave a comment here we would love to get back to you.
Note: For those who are not be able to transfer music through the above defined procedure, so you can follow the alternative procedure given below shared by one of our reader named Jim W
go into iTunes and click on your iPod. That is where you will tell it whether to Enable Disk Use. Once you do that, Vista should be able to see it as a disk. then follow the above instructions to show hidden files and that should allow you to get those files.
Thanks Jim W