Gmail team has just made some security related changes because of which you might see this message saying review your settings notice which normally appears in case when you are forwarding some mails from your account to some other email id through filters as shown in the image below.
Why You Seeing This Message ?
You may wonder why you see this notice, If your account has this feature enabled, you should see this notice. As forwarding filters are a pretty powerful feature that enables you to send a specific portion of your incoming email to another email account. This mechanism is helpful especially when you have more than one email account. Even so, it’s a good idea to make sure all the details are consistent with what you intend and expect. They encourage you to review your settings and verify that they are accurate.
For How Long You Will See This Notice ?
For about a week, this notice will appear for a few minutes each time you sign in to your account. Displaying the notification in this way helps ensure that you have a chance to see the notice, rather than someone who might try to gain unauthorized access to your account and use this setting improperly. The notice will disappear immediately if you choose to disable the forwarding filter setting, but that decision is up to you.
How To Disable A Filter Forwarding To Any Other Email ID ?
- Sign in to your Gmail account and click the gear icon in the top right corner of Gmail and choose Mail settings.
- Click the Filters tab.
- Search for the terms “Forward to” and delete any filters with unfamiliar email addresses. Note, there may be more than one filter.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “Forwarding” section, click the first drop-down menu and remove any unfamiliar email addresses.
- Select the Disable forwarding radio button if you want to disable non-filter based forwarding.