Many of us love gmail, there is no doubt in that I am one of those people who cant live without gmail. So, I would like to send every email with gmail only, so set Gmail As Default Email Client For Hyperlink Email Address Mailto Links as it is one the best email platform which is so easy and simple to use and much more powerful with little great experiments on on the other side.
So, this could be really useful irrespective of any browser you are using, there are many ways with which you can add gmail as default email handler for mailto links you click on any webpages. As you may have noticed by default windows link email hyperlinks (a.k.a. mailto: links) to the default desktop mail client which is outlook express, or windows live mail and not even the Google Chrome has gmail as default client for email links.
Set Gmail as Default Email Client For Email Links you Click In Windows
Affixa is a free tool for windows which make gmail the default email to open when you click email address hyperlink, it is also compatible with windows vista and windows 7 and comes with some extra features. The latest version of affixa it now supports Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Google Apps, Zimbra and Outlook Web App. If you have the gmail notifier installed – you can configure "Use Gmail for internet mailto: links" under options of google notifier.
Set Gmail as Default Email Client For Email Links In Google Chrome
Set Gmail as Default Email Client For Email Links you Click In Firefox
Follow the procedure below,
- Open Gmail in Mozilla Firefox.
- Hit Enter.
- Click Add Application under Add Gmail (mail.google.com) as an application for mailto links?.
- Select Tools | Options… or Firefox | Preferences… (Mac) from the menu in Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to the Applications tab.
- Make sure Use Gmail is selected under mailto.
or follow this similar guide here
You can also choose not to install anything in firefox and Go to > Tools > Options, switch to the > Applications tab and then type >mailto into the search field. You can now select an > Action for mailto links from the drop-down menu.
Set Gmail as Default Email Client For Email Links For Mac OX
- Make sure Google Notifier is installed on mac os x
- Click Google Notifier’s Gmail icon in the menu bar.
- Select Preferences… in the menu.
- Click the Compose mail in: drop-down menu.
- Make sure Gmail is selected.
- Close the Google Notifier Preferences window.