Nowadays you will find a printer in every home; even if you do not have it at your home then also you must be using it at your office. The worst part with while using it is cancelling any document printing command from the documents printing command queue. Whenever you want to cancel any of the command given for printing then it will hang and show the status of that command as cancelling but it will not cancel that command, rather that print jab get hung creating more problems. This problem still exists with the latest version of Windows i.e. Windows 7 and no matter even if you restart the system still that document print job will be in the queue.
In this post we will be talking more about this problem and we will also give you two solutions related to it. Today we will be telling you 2 methods with the help of which you can stop the print jobs to get hung and then simultaneously you can delete all the print jobs from the queue. Just follow the steps mentioned below and then you will also be able to do so.
- Go to Control Panel and click the Troubleshoot icon as mentioned in the snapshot below.
- Under Hardware and Sounds Category you will find an option ‘Use a Printer’ as specified in the snapshot below. Click that option.
- Now you will see a separate window for troubleshooting the printer, this will detect the problem and troubleshoot it. Just click next and it will start troubleshooting the printer.
If this solution does not work then I have a separate solution for you. Just follow this method:
- Click the Start Menu and type ‘services.msc’ in the Search Box available in the Start Menu of the Windows 7. If you have Windows XP, then you can type this in the RUN window and then click OK.
- After you do so, a window will be opened; you can see it in the screenshot mentioned below.
- Search for the option Printer Spooler in that window and then select it.
- You will see some options on the left hand side of the window. Among those options click the Restart option and then the spooler will restarted which may clear all the pending or cancelled jobs in the Printer document printing queue.
I am sure that this tool will help you by controlling the cancellation of the print jobs on the system. So, please share this post all your friends and let us know about your experience or any problem faced while executing this tutorial on your system.