There are times when you have deleted an email in hotmail but one day you realize that you want to recover that deleted email you can get it back in hotmail, as there is a feature in hotmail which allows you to recover a deleted email and it is enabled by default.
Follow the procedure to know how to recover a deleted email any time using hotmail.
1. Go to hotmail.com and sing in with your credentials.
2. Once you are logged in, you will need to navigate to deleted emails folder, you can find the link in left pane in hotmail web mails interface as shown in the image below.
3. Under deleted email folders, you will see this link at the bottom which says “Lost a message? When you recover deleted messages, we bring back as many as we can” as shown in the image below.
4. You just need to click the link recover deleted message as shown in the image above.
This way you will be able to recover the most recent deleted messages in hotmail, if the email you are looking was very old and you deleted it long time ago, then there is no way to recover it. When you use the Recovery function, emails are recovered to the Deleted folder. Hotmail tries to recover as much as possible. If you don’t see the messages that you wanted to be restored it means that they are permanently lost.
In case you don’t want this feature to be automatically enabled, follow the procedure below.
Follow these steps to opt out of the trash recovery feature:
- Go to Options – More Options
- Under Customizing Hotmail, click on Advanced privacy settings.
- Under Deleted messages, choose Don’t let me recover deleted messages – once they leave the Deleted folder, don’t give me a link to get them back.
Very Important Note – Once you’ve disabled this feature, you will not be able to turn it back on.