Recently I got a new PS3 with a free game called kill zone 2, after playing the game for so much amount of time I started exploring the other features of my ps3 and got to know that I can actually play any multimedia content on my pen drive, compact disc or dvd disc directly on the ps3.
Here is how you can simply play content of USB Drives, CD, DVD etc.
1. First copy music, videos or photos to your USB storage device either in the root drive or as a folder structure
2. Now Run ps3 and plug your USB storage drive into one of the ports at the front of the PS3 where you connect your controller for charging.
3. Now navigate to the following categories Music, Photo or Video to play the respective media
4. Scroll down in each of these categories and click the X button or Enter button on your six axis ps3 controller after highlighting the USB Device Connected
5. Now press Triangle sign ▲ button on your six axis ps3 controller to display all files in each folder – or in other words force your ps3 to read all files on your USB storage drive
6. Select the file and Press X to start paying.