There are times when you may start having a random conversation with your friends via gmail, but after some time you are not actually interested in that conversation so in such case you may not want to see that conversation in your gmail inbox when some one replies in that mail thread. This is actually those threaded mail conversation which you might have seen in your inbox.
Gmail new smart mute lab feature prevents muted conversations from reappearing in your inbox unless your email address is added to the To or Cc field or you are the sole recipient. If your email address is already on the To or Cc field and you mute a conversation, it will not reappear in your inbox unless you are the sole recipient.
Follow the procedure below to enable smart mute feature in gmail to prevent certain conversation in gmail.
1. Login to your gmail account
2. Go to gmail account settings and then labs sections by clicking this link or if the link does not work in your case then go to gmail account settings – whose link is shown on the top right corner of the screen as shown in the image below.
3. Now go to the labs section as shown in the image below.
4. Under the gmail labs section, scroll down and locate gmail smart mute feature and then select to enable it.
5. Once you have selected the enable option, scroll down and locate the save changes button at the bottom to save changes as shown in the image below.