For all those outlook users out there, when ever you send a mail in outlook and you start typing email address in to field, Outlook will try and figure out who you want to send your email to by giving you choices from previously used email addresses. This feature is quite helpful some times but quite disturbing too as it may suggest some names which you don’t want to add. These outlook list are composed from nicknames which Outlook builds over time as you send and receive email.
In order to modify these auto complete email address suggestions list or Nk2 List. You can modify them using the free software called NK2Edit modify or fix all information stored in the NK2 file, including the display name, the email address, the exchange string, the Drop-Down display name, and the search string.
This application can come handy when you may need to fix or modify the values appeared in the AutoComplete list, or you may want to remove unwanted email addresses and/or to add new email addresses. MS-Outlook doesn’t provide any ability to edit this AutoComplete list, so this is where NK2Edit software can help you.
NK2Edit Key Features
- Easily remove unwanted single quote characters from the display name and from the Drop-Down list.
- Delete unwanted emails, as well as add new emails, by typing them manually, or by choosing them from the address book of Outlook.
- Copy NK2 records from one NK2 file to another – simply by copy and paste !
- Build a completely new NK2 file and add the desired emails into it, by typing them manually, by adding them from your address book, or by copying records from another NK2 file.
- Extract data from corrupted NK2 files that Outlook cannot read anymore and even fix them so Outlook will be able to read them again.
- Export all data stored in the NK2 file into a special Unicode text file in a stucture similar to .ini file of Windows. You can open it any text editor you like, make the changes you need, and then convert it back into NK2 file that Outlook can use.
- Export the emails information stored inside NK2 file into HTML/Text/csv/xml file.
- Copy the selected NK2 records in tab-delimited format and then paste the information into Excel.
- Change the order of the records in the NK2 file, which also affects the order they appear in the drop-down. You can also sort the list in alphabetical order of the Drop-Down display names. (However, be aware that Outlook change the order again when the user send emails)
- Command-Line Support: Write simple scripts that can add, remove, or modify records inside the NK2 file, without displaying any user interface.
- NK2Edit is a portable application that can be used from any computer with Windows operating system (Starting from Windows 2000) without need of any installation process, and without making changes in the Registry.
Note: NK2Edit works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 7/2008. NK2Edit is a Unicode based application, and thus it cannot work under Windows 95/98/ME.