Its been some time I had started writing about mac tips and tricks for mac os too on my macbook pro, but I till now I was used to write articles on mac os tips directly in the wordpress editor on my blog, I was searching for a blogging client for mac os since the day, I started writing about mac tips, then some day one of my friend suggested a nice bloging client for mac os called Ecto.
After using Ecto, I came to know that it is one of the best feature-rich desktop blogging editor for MacOSX with all the features which should be there in a blogging client, With Ecto you can easily publish to a wide range of weblog systems, such as Blogger, Blojsom, Drupal, MovableType, Nucleus,SquareSpace, TypePad, WordPress, and more.
It works with any blog which supports a standard remote editing API (such as the Atom, MetaWeblog, or MovableType APIs, and others). Most blogs (with the notable exception of MobleMe blogs) provide a remote editing API.
Following are some key features Of Ecto
- intuitive interface for creating and editing weblog entries
- smart, easy to use “create-a-link” dialog
- full local control of recently posted entries and drafts (with search function)
- a Rich Text and an HTML editor with spellcheck and search/replace
- syntax-coloring in the HTML editor
- quick access menu with HTML tag templates and keyboard shortcuts for the HTML editor (fully customizable)
- support of all available remote control options of MovableType API:
- posting entries with continuation
- comment options
- easily change the posting date of entries
Some Other Advanced Features as a blogging editor it offers are
- convert, scale images and create thumbnails
- create poster movies or create thumbnails from movie frames
- save settings on a per-blog basis
- extensive help documentation accessible from within ecto
- support for multiple weblogs and servers (with easy-to-use Account Manager)
- embedded debug console to troubleshoot server connections
- full-featured HTML-rendered preview of entries using Safari’s WebKit
- hate the metal and icons? Set the window texture via the Preferences window and change icons with the supplied switcher!
Download Ecto [ 21 Day Trail ] – It cost around 19.95$ which is worth the amount for all the features it have.