For all those who are running iPhone 2G, 3G or 3GS with 3.0 firmware should not upgrade to the latest 3.1 firmware released recently, as if you do you might end up pushing you in great trouble as you wont be able to unlock and jailbreak it. Upgrading to 3.1 firmware will cause your baseband to be upgraded to 5.11.04 BB which is not down gradable.
But you can still degrade the firmware, however the firmware will be changed but the baseband will remain the baseband will remain the same, so till then iphone dev team releases the Pwnage Tool to jailbreak and unlock 3.1 firmware better degrade to 3.0 firmware
Follow the procedure below to downgrade iphone 2G, 3G, 3GS to 3.0 firmware after accidental upgrade to 3.1
1. Make sure you have iTunes 8.2 installed – Here is the Direct Link To download and install it.
2. Download iPhone 3.0 Firmware
- 2G – iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
- 3G – iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
- 3GS – iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
3. Download RedSn0w 0.8
4. Connect your iphone in DFU Recovery mode
5. Make sure that your iphone is connected to your computer via USB Cable
6. Turn iPhone off, by Hold power /sleep and home button together for 10 seconds until it powers off
7. Now after 10 seconds release the power button but keep holding the home button as a USB device is recognized in iTunes.
8. when you see the connect to iTunes on your iphone to confirm you are in Recovery Mode.
9. Now press Shift+Restore button [ windows ] and Option+Restore in iTunes [ Mac OS ], now locate the firmware you have downloaded in step 2
For iPhone 2G and 3G
Simply launch RedSn0w and do the Jailbreaking
For iPhone 3GS
Wait for the Pwnage tool to be released for then you can restore and jailbreak, or refer this guide
Disclaimer: we are not responsible for any damage on your device after following this process above, use it at your own risk. however the above process has been tested and found working
[ Via ihackintosh ]