After much wait iPhone Dev team has recently released the famous jailbreaking tool [ Pwnage 3.1 For Mac OS ] which can be used to jailbreak iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G with 3.1 firmware installed. But there are some points to be noticed by the iphone dev team regarding this 3.1 version of pwnage tool.
These are some important points which you should keep in mind before using this pwnage tool
- If you have iPhone 3G with ultrasn0w installed, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a Pwnage Tool created .ipsw Note: But don’t upgrade to 3.1 through iTunes firmware updates.
- If you have iPhone 2G then keep in mind that 3.1 unlock works with this Pwnage Tool release and for iPhone 3G owners upgrading to 3.1 will need to continue using ultrasn0w with a Pwnage Tool created 3.1 .ipsw
- Read items 1, 2 again and again
- This version [3.1] of Pwnage Tool is suitable for the recent 3.1 firmware only.
- This of PwnageTool 3.1 will NOT work for jailbreaking iPhone 3GS.
Note: PwnageTool 3.1 WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G only and Redsn0w tool will soon be available for both Mac OS X and Windows For iPod Touch 2nd, 3rd Generation and the iPhone 3GS as declared