There are about four different ways through which UAC can be disabled in windows vista.
1. Through Regedit
- Open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following
- Set the value of “EnableLUA” to 0
2. Through “msconfig”.
a) while logged in with admin rights
b) press the key combo Win+R (the “Run command” box comes up)
c) run “msconfig”
d) go to the “Tools” tab
e) scroll down to “disable UAC” and click the “launch” button below
f) it will execute a command & leave behind a CMD window, exit that, reboot Vista.
3. Through control panel.
- Open Control Panel.Click on the “Add or remove user account“
- In the user account page “Go to the main User Account” link.
- Click on the “Change security settings” link.
- Uncheck the box “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer“.
- Reboot for change to take place.
If you still have any problem in disabling UAC in your vista edition leave a comment here…
Technorati Tags: disable uac in vista , vista tricks , vista hacks , stop uac in vista