Imagine a situation in future where you are not able to install a fresh copy of your desired operating system reason being whether Windows Installation DVD misplacement or a disc not working due to scratches on it. Another situation could arise where the DVD-ROM drive stops working or does not recognize the Windows Installation DVD and at all such moments one would think of switching to a more convenient option. Technology has a tendency of evolving with time and optical drives are destined to meet the same consequences as faced by floppy drives and will become rare. To overcome such a problem in future a revolutionary software has been developed known as WintoFlash.
WintoFlash is a software which easily converts your Flash drive into a USB based Installer by conveniently transferring the contents of Windows Installation DVD to the flash drive. The interface is very simple to understand and anyone can create a boot-able flash drive for itself. The software is capable of transferring Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 onto a flash drive as well as Server 2003 and 2008 can be transferred and also pulls over Windows Preinstallation Environment to the flash drive.
Steps To Create Bootable Flash Drive
- To start with the software first you need to download the file which generally is a WINRAR archive easily extractable by winrar and extract it to your desired location. Inside the extracted folder you will see an executable file named as Win to flash.exe. On opening the executable you will see a window displaying the license agreement where you need to click Accept in order to proceed. On the next window the wizard will open with a Square highlighted button in center with Windows Setup Transfer Wizard written beside it which you need to click on.
- Next window will welcome you with the company’s name and press next at the bottom of the screen.
- The Third window will ask you to select the windows file path or drive to locate the Windows Installation DVD and underneath it will be the space to select the destination USB drive. Locate both and click next. [ Note: If you don’t have the Windows 7 Setup DVD but rather you have the ISO image then you will need to mount the ISO image to a virtual drive. ]
- Now Windows license agreement will appear on your screen where you need to click on the accept button.
- As soon as you press the Accept button the transformation process will start and will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Once this entire process is complete you can eject your USB Drive which will now act as bootable windows 7 Setup disc with which you can install windows 7