Recently, I was awarded MVP [ Microsoft Most Valuable Professional ] award in Windows Desktop Experience category by Microsoft. It is great pleasure for me to receive this award, as finally they have acknowledged my efforts towards windows and other Microsoft products.
Today I am going to share a simple but quite useful tip for all my fellow MVP’s out there on how can you create a user-friendly for your MVP profile. As by default the MVP Profile page URL has a long sequence of code which is unique for every MVP.
For Example the URL from my mvp profile is
and the user friendly URL I created for my mvp is
Both of the above URLs will work simultaneously even when you create the user friendly for your mvp profile, but as you can see the user friendly URL is easy to share with people.
Follow the procedure to know how to create a user friendly easy to remember URL for your mvp profile page
1. Go to https://mvp.support.microsoft.com and login with your live id associated with your mvp profile, by clicking the sign in button shown on the right top under MVP Sign In & Tools text as shown in the image below.
2. Once you are signed in, click Relationship Services under the left pane navigation menu as shown in the image below.
3. Under relationship services, click My MVP Profile link to edit sections of your mvp profile page as shown in the image below.
4. Now click the edit link of the contact information entered on your mvp profile page as shown in the image below.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you are editing the contact information for your mvp profile, you will find the section MVP Profile URL Alias
Here you can preview the user friendly URL for your mvp profile page as shown in the image below.
You can create the Alias MVP Profile page friendly URL as per your first and last name, once you are done click update to activate the friendly URL for your mvp profile page which you can share with other people.
I hope this way all the mvp out there can have a more meaningful user friendly URL for their profile page, with URL which is easy to remember and easy to share with friends and other people they meet.