The tool which I am going to review today is more of a game rather than being called as a freeware. Before reviewing this tool, I played a lot with it, but it might be useful for those who want to compare the amount of work done on your system. Its name is ‘Win o Meter’, which will help you to keep a record of work done on your system by using mouse and keyboard.
This tool can be mainly used to check that whether your system was being used by some other in your absence or not, as it records the number of click from mouse, the number of keystrokes made from keyboard and the time for which your system was switched ON. Once you leave your system, you can save the stats of this tool and when you come back then you can compare the new stats with the previous one.
The stats which will be noted by this tool is mentioned as follows:-
- Number of Keys presses: the number of key presses by you, when this tool is being operated on your system.
- Mouse trajectory: The amount of distance travelled by the pointer and the units of measurement will be in meter and kilometers.
- Mouse Click: The number of clicks made by you mouse, this measurements will be divided in to three parts, on the left the left clicks will be counted, in the middle slot the counts of the scroll key will be used and then on the right side the clicks made by right button of the mouse will be made.
- Uptime: It is the timer which will measure the amount for which your system was logged on.
- You can also save these stats in form of text, these options can be seen in the context menu of the tool.
The size of this tool is very small, i.e. around 100 Kb as it does not perform any heavy operations and it is portable also. The funny part about this tool is that when you will launch this tool then, you will have to spend some time to search the execution point of this tool. This tool will neither create any desktop shortcut nor will it be present in the start menu and you cannot even find it in the context menu, but you will see an additional icon in the taskbar tray, which will help you to execute this tool.
This tool is compatible with all the versions of Windows as it has been checked with Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate edition.