Normally, I have seen people using remote desktop connection utility provided by windows in my office lots of times while giving a presentation.
Sometimes there is a need to transfer files from the remote computer to the local computer in the middle of the presentation, but as due to the default settings of remote desktop connection utility it does not allow transferring of files in between the local and the remote computer.
How Configure Remote Desktop Connection Utility for File Transfer
1. Open Start>>Run and type mstsc
2. Now click on options and again click on Local Resources Tab.
3. Under Local Devices and Resources (in vista) ,click on more.. button. ( In Windows Xp ) you will see a checkbox as Local Drives
4. Check the Checkbox "drives" in the newly opened window in vista or check the checkbox Local Drives in Windows XP.
5. Click OK and connect to the remote computer now ,
This time you will be able to transfer files in between remote and local computer.
Tip: You can also configure some other options one time which will allow you to use remote desktop in a more convenient way.