Default Programs Editor is freeware program which allows you to change different settings in windows, it allows you to edit context menu, edit autoplay settings and change the default programs to open different file types.
Following are the main key features provided by this program
- File Type Settings:
- Add, Edit, and Delete context menu items
- Edit file type information (such as icon and description)
- Change an extension’s associated file type
- Autoplay Settings:
- Add, Edit, and Delete autoplay handler programs
- Change which autoplay options are available for any media type
- Change the default autoplay handler
- Default Programs Settings:
- Add or Remove default associations (possible to check, but not un-check, in Windows)
- Additional Features:
- Disable the "Search web for unknown extension" dialog
- Standalone utility, or install as a Control Panel applet
- Make direct changes to the system registry, or export edits as .reg files
- Designed for Vista and Windows 7 with UAC support
It lets you change you many other options related to windows, it works as a replacement of File Types Dialog in Windows XP and bring some useful key features of Tweak UI in Windows 7 and Vista. Following are some screenshots of this utility in action which can tell you more about it working.
Requirements: It requires .Net Framework 3.5 to be pre installed to run this utility.