We had already posted about some tools for file attributes changing like isReset, NewFileTime, FileDateChanger and dtouch etc. Today we will tell you bout another similar tool with a more easier to use difference.
This new tool is called BulkFileChanger which allows you to create files list from multiple folders, and then make some action on them – Modify their created/modified/accessed time, change their file attribute (Read Only, Hidden, System), run an executable with these files as parameter, and copy/cut paste into Explorer. This application is again from the well renowned software developers team of Nirsoft.
BulkFileChanger Key Features
You can add files into the list by using one of the following methods:
- Copy and Paste: Simply copy files from Explorer window (Ctrl+C) and then paste them into BulkFileChanger (Ctrl+V).
- Drag From Explorer: You can add files by dragging them from Explorer window into the main window of BulkFileChanger.
- ‘Add Files’ option (F2):Add files from ‘open file’ dialog-box.
- ‘Add By Wildcard’ option (F3):Add multiple files by specifying wildcard, path, and subfolder depth to scan. (For Example: c:\temp\*.txt)
After you added the desired files, you can select some of them or all of them (Ctrl+A) and then use one of the following options:
- Change Time / Attributes (F6): Allows you to modify the modified/created/accessed time of the selected files. You set them to specific time/date values or you can add/subtract days/hours/minutes/seconds from the existing file time. You can also modify the attributes of the files, like Read-Only, Hidden, and so on.
- Execute Command On Selected Files (F7): Allows you to run any executable with the selected files as command-line parameter. For example: if you specify ‘c:\temp\MyProgram.exe “%1″‘ in the execute command string, BulkFileChanger will run MyProgram.exe for every file in the list, and the “%1″ will be replaced with the full path filename.
- Explorer Copy/Cut: You can use the copy or cut option to copy/move the selected files into another folder window of Explorer.
- Export Selected Items: You can export the files list into html/text/html/csv file.