Today, I found a cool new option in google search settings while using google chrome, it allows to apple strict safe search called Lock SafeSearch – which means it will apply strict filtering to all searches from your computer using Google Chrome.
This tip applies to users using google chrome, they can force SafeSearch on google chrome so that others users like kids who are using the same computer and the same browser should not see web pages containing explicit sexual content from appearing in search results.
Follow the procedure below to apply locked safe search in google chrome
Note: This locked safe search will applied to a specific google account with which you are signed in.
Apply Locked SafeSearch In Chrome
- Visit the Search settings page.
- Click Lock SafeSearch below the filter levels.
- If you’re not signed in to your Google Account, you’ll be prompted to sign in.
- Once you’re signed in, click Lock SafeSearch. This step takes a moment, because strict filtering is being applied to all Google domains.
- You’ll see a confirmation page once the lock is engaged.
Once you have locked the safe search for a google account, safe search preferences cannot be changed for that account under google search settings as shown in the image below.
Filed in: Tip Of The Day